- "Education Through Self-Help is Our Motto"-Karmaveer
- Rayat Shikshan Sanstha's
- S.M. JOSHI COLLEGE, HADAPSAR, PUNE-28
- ARTS | SCIENCE | COMMERCE
- (Re-Accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade with CGPA Of 3.09)
- (Affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune I.D.No. PU/PN/SC/069/1986(Estd.1986)
- Principal- Dr.Chandrakant J. Khilare M.Sc.M.Phil. Ph.D.
- Student Corner
- AQAR 2011-12
- AQAR 2012-13
- AQAR 2013-14
- AQAR 2014-15
- AQAR 2015-16
- AQAR 2016-17
- AQAR 2017-18
- SSR Documents Criteria
- NAAC Certificate First Cycle
- NAAC Certificate Second Cycle
- NAAC Profile First Cycle
- NAAC Profile Second Cycle
- ISO Certificate
- Contact Us
- S.M.JOSHI COLLEGE
- MALWADI HADAPSAR TA: PUNE (CORPORATION AREA)
- DIST: PUNE PINCODE: 411028
- PRICIPAL: DR.CHANDRAKANT J. KHILARE
- EMAIL: email@example.com
Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara
The Rayat Shikshan Sanstha founded by Late Padmabhushan Dr.Karmveer Bhaurao Patil in 1919, is one of the leading educational institutions in Asia. The contribution of the Sanstha in the field of education is great. It laid stress on the education of the downtrodden, the poor and the ignorant which is the major bulk of society. Karmveer Bhaurao Patil was man of masses who devoted all his life to the cause of their education. He was visionary and realized the dire need of education. He believed in education as a means to eradicate the social evils such as illiteracy, untouchability, caste-hierarchy, money lending, superstitions and social and economic inequality, All his life, he tried to translate this belief into reality.
The name "Rayat" conveys the unprivileged, the educationally handicapped, and the disadvantageous ones. Karmveer developed a motto "Education Through Self Help". He brought many promising children from rural area to Sanstha and shaped their lives to be the men of social status. From the time of establishment, the Sanstha has produced seven Vice-Chancellors, thousands of doctors, political leaders, agriculturists, industrialists, scientists and devoted teachers.
The Great Banyan tree as symbol used by Karmveer Bhaurao Patil is really remarkable. It is an enormous tree with its tentacles. It gives shadow to the people resting under it, the tentacles that come downward touch the soil again which reflects the bridge between the sky and the soil. It advises the people in Rayat not to forget the soil while dreaming of sky-high aims.
Considering the extraordinary work done by Rayat Shikshan Sanstha in the field of mass education and in social field, especially for the people of down trodden section; scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and nomadic tribes, since 1919, the Government of Maharashtra, the Central government of India and some social organizations have appreciated the work by awarding following prestigious awards.
* Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Rashtriya Puraskar by the Government of India in 1994. * Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Dalit Puraskar by the Government of Maharashtra in 1993-94. * Rajarshi Shahu Puraskar by Rajarshi Chhatrapati Memorial Trust, Kolhapur in 1997-98. * Adarsh Shikshan Sanstha Puraskar by the Government of Maharashtra in 2001-2002. * Shri Sant Gadage Maharaj Seva Puraskar by Gadage Maharaj Mission, Mumbai in 2002-03.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF RAYAT SHIKSHAN SANSTHA
* To impart liberal and vocational education from pre-primary to university level to rise generations. * To impart the knowledge to the students of new generation. * To provide education to the people from remote places. tribal-rural, and urban areas by establishing educational institutions. * To provide education to all the classes of society especially to the downtrodden, economically and socially backward sections of the society. * To provide education to women by establishing girls schools, high schools and colleges. * To inculcate values like social equality, feeling of brotherhood and self-help by establishing boarding houses. * To provide training for quality improvement of teachers and non-teaching employees of the Sanstha. * To make available competent trained teachers for the schools. * For enrichment of the dignity of labour to make the arrangements for providing the education against the labour. * To promote the acquisition of the knowledge and to offer opportunities for upgrading the knowledge, training and skills in all fields of human endeavor by developing educational network with use of modern communication media and technologies. * To enrich and enhance the quality and standards of the education. * To promote the education to enable the students to accept the challenges of new era. * To promote a sense of equality, national integration, social justice, secularism and to be a catalyst in socio-economic transformation by basic attitudes and values of essence of national development among the students. * To make arrangements for promoting the healthy atmosphere, corporate life and welfare of the students and employees.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RAYAT SHIKSHAN SANSTHA'S VARIOUS PROJECTS
* Merit Promotion Scheme in its every institution. * Computerization of some institutions with E-mail and Internet facilities.Formation of the websites of the Sanstha and all the colleges of Sanstha. * Ashramshalas for the education of Aadivasis. * Initiation of Gurukul Project at Satara and at various places in Sanstha. * Earn and Learn scheme. * Rayat Printing Press at Satara and Ahmednager. * Educational fumiture manufacturing workshops at Satara and Ahmednagar. * Stationery ( Note books, Exercise Books & Journals) production centre. * Co-Operative stores of sports material, stationery and Laboratory chemicals, etc. * Rayat Sevak Co-Operative Bank Ltd. Satara. * Late Shrimati Laxmibai Bhaurao Patil Co-Operative Academic Loan Scholarship Fund. * Rayat Shikshan Sanstha's Employees Welfare Fund. * Weaker branch Development Fund. * Building loan scheme for its various branches with 0% interest. * Non grant-institution aid fund. * Special school for S.S.C. failed students. * Karmveer Vidhya Prabodhini : a) Preparation of text books, workbooks and course materioal. b) Research journal. c) Rayat Talent Search Scheme ( RTS). d) Maharshi Vitthal Ramji Shinde Adhyasan. e) Kala Krida Manch. f) Competetive Examiantion Centres. * Vocational Guidance Centres. * Audio-Visual Aids Producation Unit. * Karmveer Institute of Information Technology (KIIT).